ADVANCED DRAMA MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
Tuesday, September 10th
6:00 PM (Room 9 – Elements)
Hello Advance Drama parents! The kids are busy preparing for the swashbuckling tale of Zorrito! We are going to have a mandatory parent meeting to let you know important dates, help you to understand expectations, and answer any questions you may have. Your Scholar does not need to come but please have at least one parent or representative attend.
COME BE A PART OF IT!
NEXT PTO MEETING:
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th – 7:00 PM
LOCATION: ELEMENTS @ ULTRASTAR
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/heritageptomaricopa/
Yearbook Scholars have noticed your cute furry friends in the mornings during drop-off, and they want to capture some fun pictures for a page in the yearbook! Bring them for a ride THIS THURSDAY to participate in DRIVELINE DOGS!!!!
Is your Scholar not feeling well?
Please call the office at 520-367-3800 by 10:00 AM to report your child’s absence.
YEARBOOKS ON SALE NOW!!!
Go to www.treering.com/validate and enter 1015628559814512.
Order by September 30th and 15% off + 2 FREE Customizable Pages!!
Heritage Academy introduces Ms. Chareka Daniel to the Maricopa Campus as our Dance Instructor!
Ms. Daniel is a graduate of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia where she received her Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in dance. While in college, Ms. Daniel was awarded the Outstanding Performer and Choreographer of the Year for the School of Theatre and Dance at JMU. In addition, Ms. Daniel received a full scholarship to attend The American Dance Festival, hosted in Durham, North Carolina. A year later, she received a scholarship to study dance for an entire month at the Laban Dance Studio in London, England.
In 2015, Ms. Daniel became a graduate of Arizona State University where she received her Master of Fine Arts degree in choreography, teaching, and performance. Since then, she has traveled to several countries such as Panama, India, France, Germany, Cambodia, Thailand, Netherlands, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Mexico teaching dance. Ms. Daniel enjoys choreographing, performing, and most of all teaching.
In 2018, Ms. Daniel became a University Dance Supervisor for Arizona State University. She supervised college dance students who were teacher candidates, seeking to obtain a teaching certification. She served as Dance Director at North Pointe Preparatory for the 2018-2019 school year. Additionally, she has taught dance to grades K-5th all across the valley. Ms. Daniel recently became a dance member of the “Be Kind People Project” in Arizona. This program uses dance as a tool to teach children how to be kind and serve one another.
We are so excited to have Ms. Chareka Daniel as part of our Family of Heroes!
STUCCO, CEILING TILES, & DECORATIVE TRIM
We are making great progress on the building this week! Stucco is nearly complete on building A. They will be installing ceiling tiles this week inside and working on the decorative trim on the the outside. Curbing continues in the parking lot and steel framing continues on the gym. They also started the steelwork on the extension this week. The gym and extension will be completed after we move in.
PICTURES SHOULD BE ARRIVING THIS WEEK! RETAKES WILL BE SEPTEMBER 18TH!
UNIFORMS ARE REQUIRED
Artist: Catalina Springstroh
FINE ARTS RETREAT 2019-2020
(9-12 GRADE) & (6-8 GRADE BY INVITATION ONLY)
COURSE FEES ARE DUE
All course fees are now due for the fall/winter semester. Payments are made online at https://hamaricopa.com/payments/
- BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IN THE PAYPAL SECTION TO COMPLETE THE PAYMENT. PAYPAL WILL EMAIL YOU A RECEIPT ONCE PAYMENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.
- Class and sports fees must be paid IN FULL to attend the class or perform in the extracurricular activity.
- If Fees are not paid, the scholar will be dropped from the class and re-scheduled to a non-fee bearing class. NO refunds are given after the first 3 weeks of class.
- Here is a list of the course fees for your reference: 2019-20 Maricopa Course Fees
WANT TO SEE YOUR SCHOLAR’S SCHEDULE, GRADES, ATTENDANCE, & MORE?
At Orientation, you received a blue folder with your Powerschool Login codes and instructions.
Here’s where to start:
1. Go to the website: http://hamaricopa.com/ and click on PowerSchool located in the upper right
section of the web page.
2. Click Create Account
3. Enter your name, email, username (whatever username you want to use) and password
(whatever password you want to use).
4. Type in your student name where it says STUDENT NAME.
5. Under ACCESS ID, enter your child’s Parent Access ID (use all capital letters);
and under ACCESS PASSWORD enter your child’s Parent Access Password.
6. Choose a relationship.
7. Click ENTER.
8. Repeat step # 1 and login to your parent account with the Username and Password you just
9. After logging into your account please verify and update personal information through the
Power Announcement option on the left hand side of the Home Page.
Download the Powerschool app for easy access. The District Code is WMRJ
- Our handbook states that skirts must be no shorter than to the top of the knee when sitting or standing (front and back). If skirts have been purchased at Educational Outfitters, they may still be too short. Please double check your daughter’s skirts are the correct length according to the handbook.
- Shorts must be no shorter than four inches from mid knee.
THERE ARE (3) APPROVED UNIFORM VENDORS TO CHOOSE FROM:
Trouble logging into Google Classroom??
***HERE ARE A FEW HELPS:
To Sign in for the first time
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Go to Classroom.
- Enter your scholar’s email and click Next. (Firstname.StudentID@hastudents.us) Please Note***The email ends in .US not .COM and only the first 8 characters are allowed for the first name. (For example, if your name is Johnathan, your ID will be Johnatha.STUDENTID@hastudents.us). The student ID can be found in powerschool or on your scholar’s schedule.
- Enter your password and click Next. For the first time, the password is Student1 with a capital S.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- Click I’m A Student or I’m A Teacher.
Note: Users with personal Google Accounts won’t see this option.
- Click Get Started.
How to join a class You have 2 ways to join a class:
- Join a class with a class code—If your teacher gives you a class code, use this code to add yourself to the class. Your teacher might give you the code while you’re in class or email it to you.
- Accept an invitation from your teacher—If your teacher sends you an invitation, you’ll see Join on the class card on your Classroom homepage.
Forgot or lost the class code? Code won’t work?
If you deleted, lost, or forgot the class code before joining a class, ask your teacher to resend the code or set a new one. If the code isn’t working, ask your teacher for help.
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class, and you don’t need to re-use the code again.
Join a class
You must be signed in to Classroom before you can join a class. Unsure if you’re signed in? Learn more about how to sign in to Classroom.
Join a class with a class code
Go to classroom.google.com.
- At the top, click Add Join class.
- Enter the class code your teacher gave you and click Join.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 letters or numbers. For example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Accept an invitation from your teacher
Go to classroom.google.com.
- On the class card, click Join.
SERVING UP A SUCCESSFUL LUNCH SERVICE
TIP: MAKE SURE YOUR ORDER IS COMPLETE AND FULLY PAID FOR. WE HAD A FEW SCHOLARS WHO THOUGHT THEY HAD ORDERED LUNCH THIS WEEK, BUT PAYMENT WASN’T COMPLETE IN THE CART.
We take the guesswork out of what’s for lunch by delivering hot, delicious meals directly to your child’s school. http://www.myhotlunchbox.com/
We do not charge any fees to create an account or to order student’s lunches. Our meal prices are typically at or below a restaurant’s in store price. Place orders and process payment on our secure website. No more forgetting or losing lunch money!
No minimum orders. You can order lunches for one day, one week or months in advance. Add, edit, or cancel an order up to noon on the day before delivery. You can print a calendar view of lunch orders and receive weekly opt-in email reminders. Additionally, if you add orders and forget to process payment you will receive an alert.We offer a range of selections at a variety of price points. Our menus include combos, entrees and a la carte options.
My Hot Lunchbox is happy to accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian meal choices. We are a peanut free company. Our Customer Service Team is happy to help. For any inquires please call: 1-888-894-8295.
PLAYING SPORTS FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR??
Your scholar will need to fill out the ATHLETIC PACKET which includes a physical. Sports physicals are available at Dignity Urgent Care (next to McDonald’s) for $25, or most doctor’s offices will fill out the physical form if your scholar has had a well-check with them within the last year for no charge.
A SPORTS/PE UNIFORM is required for all sports classes (with the exception of bowling and golf. The uniform must be from an approved uniform vendor. (Educational Outfitters or Printed Desert). The uniform consists of navy blue basketball shorts with HA logo and a solid red t-shirt with HA logo.
Educational Outfitters: http://phoenix.educationaloutfitters.com/heritage-academy-maricopa-campus/
Printed Desert: https://heritageacademyuniforms.com/