Friday, November 22nd
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
$5 Entrance Fee (Includes 1 piece of pizza and 1 can of soda) * Additional pizza, soda, cotton candy, raffle tickets, and other items will be available for purchase.
Heritage Academy Drama Presents…
SHOW IS TOMORROW AND SATURDAY!!! PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
IT’S CRUNCH TIME!!!
FINALS WEEK: DEC 16th – DEC 19th
All scholars are required to take their final exams for each class during finals week. There will not be a test make-up after break, so if your scholar misses their final during this week, they will receive a “0”.
Thank you for joining us for our PTO Panda Fundraiser!! 25% of the night’s sales were donated to Heritage Academy! Thank you!!!!
Our Jr High Basketball team had their first game this week! GO HEROES!!
WE HAVE A NEW LIBRARY ON CAMPUS!!!
Noah Foutz, from Troop 987, built a mobile library for our new school for his Eagle Scout Project! This “little free library” will give our scholars a chance to share their used books with others and take a book to read. Please feel free to donate a book or take a book. Please make sure they meet Heritage’s values. Noah, thank you so much for your service!!!
Ballroom Winter Showcase
Thursday, December 5th
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Elements Event Center
$12 – hors d’oeuvres, dessert, dancing, and performances
DANCING WITH THE HERITAGE STARS
Friday, December 6th
$5 – Tickets will be available at the door
Please join us for our Tidings of Comfort and Joy Choir Concert December 12th @ Central Arizona College 6:00 pm & 7:30 pm
INSTRUMENT PROGRAM HOLIDAY CONCERTS
Friday, December 13th
Central Arizona College – Maricopa Campus
Room A 101
6:00 pm (doors open at 5:45 pm)
Featuring Beginning Band, Beginning Orchestra, and Taiko (Japanese Drumming)
7:30 pm (doors open at 7:15 pm)
Featuring Concert Band and Concert Orchestra
with scholars from the Heritage Academy Choirs
Admission is FREE, so please consider donating at the door
Suggested amounts: $5, $10, $15, $20, $25, or $50
We know there are challenges that cannot currently be changed, however we do have a few reminders that will keep our scholars safe, and will provide a more pleasant drop off experience for all of our Heritage Family.
- ENTERING DRIVE-LINE– Once you turn left onto Heroes Way from Adams you are considered to be in the driveline. Please DO NOT STOP, TURN-AROUND, U-TURN, PARK IN THE HANDICAP PARKING (WITHOUT PERMIT), OR YELL UNKIND WORDS in the driveline. We are all busy, and our time is valuable. Please allow more time in the morning to ensure you can be on time! For helps on this, please see the “BE ON TIME” article below.
- CROSSWALKS – There are (2) crosswalks on campus (1 at the main gate, and 1 coming from the parking lot). Please, look for the crossing guard as you are entering and exiting driveline. DO NOT STOP, TURN-AROUND, U-TURN, PARK IN THE HANDICAP PARKING (WITHOUT PERMIT) OR YELL UNKIND WORDS in the driveline.
- PARKING – There is a parking lot available to scholars and visitors coming into the office. If you enter the parking lot during drop-off/pick-up and leave during drop-off/pick-up, there is NO LEFT TURN out of the parking lot, and you will need to drive through the full driveline to exit campus.
- DROP-OFF ZONE:
- PULL ALL THE WAY FORWARD to allow more cars to drop off at once.
- BE PREPARED TO GRAB ITEMS QUICKLY as scholars exit the vehicle.
- PARENTS, PLEASE STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE! When you stop and get out, this only slows the flow of traffic.
- ENCOURAGE YOUR SCHOLARS TO BE LOOKING FOR YOU AT PICK-UP.
We all have the same goals in mind and SAFETY is a number one concern! We are also instilling character in our scholars here at Heritage and our examples in what we say and what we do speak loudly! We want to show respect, gratitude, kindness, patience! We really appreciate the extra effort!
We have noticed that as we are settling into our routine at our new campus, several scholars are arriving late. We would like to remind families that Heritage Academy has a strict Tardy Policy.
TARDY POLICY: If you scholar is tardy more than 3 times to school, they will be pulled into a “sweep,” (similar to a detention) for the remainder of 1st period, and every tardy after. They simply are not allowed to interrupt their first hour class coming in late. Parents will be called on the scholar’s 5th tardy, and a meeting will be scheduled at their 7th tardy.
Why does being on time matter? At Heritage, we want all of our scholars to learn traits that will help them be successful in their lives.
Here are just a few benefits of punctuality:
- LESS – STRESSED
Here are some tips to arrive on time:
- PACK IT UP THE NIGHT BEFORE – Uniforms, gym clothes, shoes, jackets, sports equipment, water bottles, homework, lunch etc.
- TIME TRICKS – set alarms, change the clocks in your house to be early, tell yourself school starts at 7:45 (not 8:00).
- ANTICIPATE DELAYS- Add 25% of your travel time to your commute for traffic, gas, emergencies, etc.
WINTER FORMAL Saturday, December 14th 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm @ Central Arizona College Tickets are $8
SEWING CLUB – 12/2 – 3:30-4:30 pm in room 118 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SEWING DONATIONS NEEDED: We will happily accept all and any sewing supplies such as; fabric, buttons, thread, sewing machines, thimbles, needles, measuring tape, patterns, scissors, etc.
ART CLUB – 12/3 – 3:30-4:30 pm in room 118 (email@example.com)
CHARITY CLUB – 12/4 – 3:30-4:30 pm in room 134 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EDUCATIONAL OUTFITTERS IS MOVING TO ONLINE ONLY – 40% off IN-STOCK UNIFORMS
As we prepare for re-enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year, we anticipate a continuation of increased enrollment, with many new families eager for their scholar to benefit from the quality academic environment at Heritage Academy – Maricopa Campus.
EXISTING SCHOLARS – As an existing family within our school, you are extended the opportunity to reserve your scholar’s space for next year. Please click the following link to ensure your spot: https://hamaricopa.com/re-enroll/. Please complete one for each scholar that currently attends Heritage Academy Maricopa.
NEW SCHOLARS – If you have friends or family members that do not currently attend Heritage but would like to join us for next year…they will need to complete the full enrollment application. Click here to start the application: https://heritageacademyaz.com/enroll/. Open Enrollment will run through January 31st and seats will be offered around the second week of February.
By way of information, we are currently on a wait list for all grade levels until the end of the semester. Beginning January, we will issue offers as seats become available.
Many college and University Testing Centers offer CLEP exams which offer college credit at a fraction of the cost than traditional classes for subjects that students may already be experts in! Total out of pocket costs for the CLEP exam is $134. (confirm with the schools testing center)
The most popular CLEP exams administered for many of the schools include Spanish Language, French Language, and Calculus. Undergraduate students can receive college credit to fulfill their prerequisites towards their degree. Students can take any CLEP exam prior to completing an earned credit through formal course work. Meaning, students must complete their CLEP exam before they complete a course in the same subject.
Please review the college or university’s Catalog CLEP policies for a list of subjects, and the scores required to earn college credit and which classes they could earn credit for. Also, meet with your counselor to confirm what tests to take to fulfil your prerequisites.
- Passing CLEP Exams will Save You Time. …
- Credits Through CLEP Exams will Save You Money. …
- You can Earn College Credits for What You Already Know. …
- You can Take More Classes in Subjects that Matter to You. …
- Study at Your Own Pace.
“Benefits of CLEP* Exams.” Benefits of CLEP Exams, http://www.testoutofcollegeclasses.com/clep-exam/121/Benefits-of-CLEP-Exams.html.