IS YOUR SCHOLAR MISSING ITEMS?????
Our Lost and Found is overflowing! Please come in the office to pick up your items! All items will be donated to the PTO and Goodwill on Thursday 2/27.
SCHOLARS MUST BE SIGNED OUT IN THE OFFICE IF THEY ARE LEAVING CAMPUS!
If your scholar is leaving campus for the day, you must sign them out in the office. If they are marked absent for a class and there is not a record of them signing out, they will be logged for ditching. The first offense is 1 day out of school suspension. Thank you for calling in to report your scholar’s absences. We appreciate your cooperation!
ALL 2ND SEMESTER COURSE FEES ARE NOW DUE!
Payments are made online at https://hamaricopa.com/payments/
- Thank you for your patience as we are processing a large number of payments.
- You can check your balance on PowerSchool. If you recently made a payment, it can take a few weeks for it to be reflected in your balance. We will be moving to a new payment system next school year that will streamline the process!
- BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IN THE PAYPAL SECTION TO COMPLETE THE PAYMENT. PAYPAL WILL EMAIL YOU A RECEIPT ONCE PAYMENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.
- Class and sports fees must be paid IN FULL to attend the class or perform in the extracurricular activity.
- If Fees are not paid, the scholar will be dropped from the class and re-scheduled to a non-fee bearing class. NO refunds are given after the first 3 weeks of class.
- Here is a list of the course fees for your reference: 2019-20 Maricopa Course Fees
SCHOLAR COUNCIL PRESENTS….
DOLLARS FOR DUDS
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27th
$1.00 for shirt & $1.00 for pants/shorts
On Dollars for Duds days, scholars are allowed to wear non-uniform clothing (INCLUDING JEANS) that meet Heritage Standards. $1.00 for shirt and $1.00 for pants/shorts. Dollars for Duds is optional and scholars do not have to participate. Money raised goes to support Scholar Council and the school activities and dances they support.
Heritage Standard means: no sleeveless or midriff shirts; shorts must be 4″ from the middle of the knee and skirts must come to the knee: no cargo pants or shorts; no pants or shorts that have holes, or are ripped or torn; and no inappropriate slogans or symbols on the clothing. If a scholar is wearing inappropriate clothing, they will be dress coded and sent home to change.
SPORTS AND FINE ARTS PICTURES 2/25
Heritage Academy Drama Presents
A Murderous Night at the Museum
Some of our Heritage Scholars celebrated Presidents’ Day learning to play pickleball on the new courts at Copper Sky! So much fun!
Get out there and learn something new!
2019-2020 JH History Tour (7th & 8th Grades) Northern Arizona - April 29th & 30th ONLY 10 SPOTS LEFT!!!
***REMINDER: 3RD PAYMENT DUE***
Please FILL OUT THIS TOUR AGREEMENT and return it to the front office!
Deadline: March 31st
Our Heroes Basketball team completed the sweep against our rivals Pathway Academy in the first round of the playoffs last Saturday. The Heroes defeated the Pumas 99-81. Josh Deakyne and Logan Porter led the way as both had 30 point games.
Photos By: Jeff Hazlett
LET’S GO HEROES!!! LET’S GO!!!
Our JH Coed Soccer Team took the win 6-0 against ADS-Roger in Tucson. Way to go team!!
Mr. Hamblin’s History class gave speeches as part of the self-governing celebration and simulation.
Mrs. Hoellwarth’s science classes explored the water cycle.
Victor Moreno and Josh Taylor took a historical picture of our first year campus with a drone! Here is a raw image.
The sand volleyball concrete was poured.
…And Ms. Mimi got new red curtains in the office!
High school course selection
Early College Program – Dual enrollment, AP & CLEP
Earning an Associates Degree at Heritage Academy
ACT/SAT/PSAT (Which test and when?)
Financial Aid (Scholarships, Grants, Loans & FAFSA)
Grand Canyon University’s Summer Institute series
Within the coming weeks, GCU will be launching our promotion of summer camps that give students the chance to explore future career tracks, college programs of study, and experience GCU’s campus life. Each camp session runs for 3 days & 2 nights, with overnight parking available to the students that drive. Attendees may look forward to sessions created and taught by GCU professors that will include hands-on learning experiences, real-world insight from partnering businesses, and evening socials with other students. Camp admission is only $100, which includes food, lodging, and all camp activities. This event is open to all entering Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year this fall.
This June, GCU will be hosting three separate camp sessions with each one offering the following tracks:
|Performing Arts & Production||Pre-Health & Sports Medicine|
|Psychology & Criminal Justice||Technology|
Summer Institute at Grand Canyon University
3300 W. Camelback Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85017
Young Scholars Program
- Current 7th grade scholars can apply for the Cooke Young Scholars Program. This five-year, pre-college scholarship program provides educational advising, funding for enrichment opportunities, and access to a community of highly-motivated scholars from 8th through 12th grade.
- Click here to access the application on the Cooke Foundation’s website. The application open period ENDS March 23, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- If you’re interested in learning more about the Young Scholars Program from Foundation staff members, please click here to view our latest webinar.