DRIVE -THRU PICK UP TOMORROW, TUESDAY, APRIL 28TH 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM & 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM IN THE BACK OF SCHOOL BY THE NEW LUNCH AREA
Please write your first and last name in LARGE LETTERS on a piece of paper that can
be held up out of the car window for delivery.😃
Forget to order one? It’s not too late! CLICK HERE TO ORDER ONE TODAY! 🙂
*Must pay for shipping directly to your home!
YOGURT JUNGLE FUNDRAISER FOR HERITAGE!
Please mention the ad or bring the ad with you!! 20% of your sale goes directly to Heritage Academy.
PLEASE REMEMBER CURBSIDE OR TAKEOUT ONLY.
***Social Distancing still in effect!***
NO ROLLING BACKPACKS ALLOWED ON CAMPUS STARTING JULY 2020
As we get closer to summer, we know many parents will start to shop for school clothes and other school essentials. However, for the safety of the scholars and staff, Heritage will not allow rolling backpacks on campus starting 2020-2021 school year.
President: Sammuel Huffaker – (12)
Vice President: Latai Charles – (10)
Executive Public Relations Officer: Emma Manley – (11)
Secretary: Cienna West – (10)
Treasurer: Grayson Nelson – (10)
Historian: Hannah Marney – (9)
Senior Class Representative: Sammuel Huffaker – (12)
Junior Class Representative: Armond Stone – (11)
Sophomore Class Representative: Andrew Ensminger – (10)
Freshman Class Representative: Abigail Dirks – (9)
Eighth Grade Representative: Brayden Hill – (8)
Seventh Grade Representative: Aliviah (Liv) Steen – (7)
Sixth Grade Representative: Zachary Dirks – (7)
Other Scholar Council member: Caleb Wedel – (8)
- Choir audition sign-ups will be available through this link until Monday, May 4th.
- Choir audition materials will be sent out to all those auditioning by Wednesday, May 6th.
- All Choir audition submissions must be sent to this email by Friday, May 8th: email@example.com.
- NOTE: IF you are in 6th or 7th grade, you do NOT need to audition, but you DO need to sign up for either Men’s Choir or one of our two Women’s Choirs.
- Auditions material: Auditions will include the following and must be submitted in video format.
- Sing “Happy Birthday” 3 times: once in the key of C Major, once in the key of A Major, and once in the key of F Major.
- Perform the given sight-reading exercise. Give yourself two minutes to practice the exercise. Then take one opportunity to sing it as accurately as you can.
- Feel free to contact me at the email listed above with any questions you may have. I look forward to the auditions!!
ALL VIDEO SUBMISSIONS DUE BY MAY 10TH
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
MAY 4th – MAY 8th
GET AN EARLY START ON UNIFORMS!
THERE ARE (4) APPROVED UNIFORM VENDORS TO CHOOSE FROM:
1. DENNIS UNIFORMS – https://portal.dennisuniform.com/onlstore/password.asp?sc=QHR
2. EDUCATIONAL OUTFITTERS – http://phoenix.educationaloutfitters.com/heritage-academy-maricopa-campus/
Educational Outfitters is offering a few different clothing packages this year including their Premium Package that includes: (4) Short Sleeved Unisex Pique Polo Shirts w/Heritage Logo, (2) Long Sleeved Polo Shirts w/Heritage Logo, (1) Full Zip Hoodie Sweatshirt w/Heritage Logo, (1) PE Uniform for a discounted price.
3. LANDS’ END – https://www.landsend.com/co/account/school-uniformsSchool Account # 900147471 (Under Mesa -District)
4. PRINTED DESERT – https://heritageacademyuniforms.com/
HERITAGE POLO – Red, White, or Blue must be purchased from an approved uniform vendor (Heritage Logo Required).
PANTS – Can be purchased anywhere as long as they meet the dress code standards (must be beige khaki lightest color option) or navy. No cargo pockets. Cannot be ripped, torn, or frayed.
SKIRTS/DRESSES – Must come to the middle of the knee. Can be purchased anywhere as long as they meet the dress code standards (must be beige khaki lightest color option) or navy. Cannot be ripped, torn, or frayed.
SHORTS – Must be no shorter than four inches above the knee. Can be purchased anywhere as long as they meet the dress code standards (must be beige khaki lightest color option) or navy. No cargo pockets. Cannot be ripped, torn, or frayed.
OUTERWEAR (Sweatshirts, Sweaters, Jackets) – Can be purchased anywhere as long as they meet the dress code standards (must be solid red, white, or navy blue with no large graphics or lettering. (Heritage Logo not required)
SPORTS/PE UNIFORM – Must be from one of the approved uniform vendors. (Lands’ End does not carry it). Uniform consists of navy blue basketball shorts (HA Logo Required) and a solid red t-shirt (HA Logo Required).
IT’S TAX TIME
LET THE ARIZONA TAX CREDIT FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS WORK FOR YOU!
How does it work?
If you qualify for this state tax credit, you may donate online to make a contribution. When you file your Arizona state taxes, you then subtract the amount of your contribution from what you owe or add the amount to your refund.
An individual can contribute and receive a tax credit for any amount up to $200, or a couple filing jointly may contribute up to $400.
- If you owe $800 in Arizona state taxes: Make a $400 contribution to Heritage Academy, and subtract $400 from your Arizona state taxes. Your tax bill will then be $400.
- If you are expecting an $800 refund on your Arizona state taxes: Make a $400 contribution to Heritage Academy, and add $400 to your Arizona state tax refund. Your refund will be $1,200.
- Funds can be applied to directly to your scholar’s course fees, tours, or a specific department such as drama, history, orchestra, etc.
Our tentative 2020-2021 Calendar is Now Available!!
Please note that dates are subject to change per board approval in June 2020.
High school course selection
Early College Program – Dual enrollment, AP & CLEP
Earning an Associates Degree at Heritage Academy
ACT/SAT/PSAT (Which test and when?)
Financial Aid (Scholarships, Grants, Loans & FAFSA)
THIS WEEK the U of A Admissions Counselor, Brandon Hardy will be hosting two webinars for students.
Monday April 27, 2020 @ 3:00 PM
Tuesday April 28, 2020 @ 3:00 PM
Great News! As of today, Central Arizona College (CAC) has gone live with the signup link for Promise for the Future pledge form.
Click here www.centralaz.edu/promise to sign-up for Promise Today!
The signup period for 8th graders will be from April 1, 2020 through August 1, 2020, providing ample time for students and families to get online and complete their Promise pledge form.
As you are aware, the presentations for Promise that were previously scheduled at Heritage Academy – Maricopa Campus has been cancelled, due to the current social distancing requirements for COVID-19. CAC is actively working on scheduling several virtual online presentations, as well as developing a short video that walks both students and parents through the online signup process for Promise.
As a reminder:
- Student enrollment into the program does not hold any student accountable for future enrollment at Central Arizona College, it is meant to provide every student affordable access to higher educational opportunities.
- All requirements of the program are to be fulfilled by high school graduation.
- When enrolling into the program please be prepared to use a mailing address as well as personal email account.
- Questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
As we continue to develop new processes for this year’s Promise for the Future enrollment, Heritage Academy and CAC will share that information with parents and scholars as it comes available. The team here at Heritage Academy – Maricopa Campus and Central Arizona College highly value each of you and we appreciate your assistance during this new process.
Thank you and stay safe out there!
Bryant L. Herrera College Relations Manager Email: Bryant.firstname.lastname@example.org website: Heritage Academy - College Resources