COURSE FEES ARE DUE THIS WEEK
All course fees are now due for the fall/winter semester. Payments are made online at https://hamaricopa.com/payments/
- BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IN THE PAYPAL SECTION TO COMPLETE THE PAYMENT. PAYPAL WILL EMAIL YOU A RECEIPT ONCE PAYMENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.
- Class and sports fees must be paid IN FULL to attend the class or perform in the extracurricular activity.
- If Fees are not paid, the scholar will be dropped from the class and re-scheduled to a non-fee bearing class. NO refunds are given after the first 3 weeks of class.
- Here is a list of the course fees for your reference: 2019-20 Maricopa Course Fees
Trouble logging into Google Classroom??
***HERE ARE A FEW HELPS:
- The email ends in .US not .COM
- Only 8 characters are allowed for the first name. (For example, if your name is Johnathan, your ID will be Johnatha.STUDENTID@hastudents.us)
- Also, use the Student ID that is listed in Powerschool and not on your scholar’s student ID card that was printed on picture day. Lifetouch experienced an error in printing and the numbers are incorrect.
WANT TO SEE YOUR SCHOLAR’S SCHEDULE, GRADES, ATTENDANCE, & MORE?
At Orientation, you received a blue folder with your Powerschool Login codes and instructions.
Here’s where to start:
1. Go to the website: http://hamaricopa.com/ and click on PowerSchool located in the upper right
section of the web page.
2. Click Create Account
3. Enter your name, email, username (whatever username you want to use) and password
(whatever password you want to use).
4. Type in your student name where it says STUDENT NAME.
5. Under ACCESS ID, enter your child’s Parent Access ID (use all capital letters);
and under ACCESS PASSWORD enter your child’s Parent Access Password.
6. Choose a relationship.
7. Click ENTER.
8. Repeat step # 1 and login to your parent account with the Username and Password you just
9. After logging into your account please verify and update personal information through the
Power Announcement option on the left hand side of the Home Page.
Download the Powerschool app for easy access. The District Code is WMRJ
Due to previously scheduled events at Elements, Thursday, August 15th and Wednesday, August 28th will be early release days. School will dismiss at 1:45 pm and Scholars will need to be picked up no later than 2:15 pm. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please mark your calendars, and we will send more reminders as the dates get closer. Thank you for your help on this!
PICTURE RETAKES WILL BE
UNIFORMS ARE REQUIRED!
Look for more details to come!
Heritage Academy welcomes Mrs. Danielle Steelman to the Maricopa campus as our Junior High Math Teacher!
By the age of sixteen, Mrs. Steelman had lived in Connecticut, Louisiana, Nevada, and Virginia! She grew up playing soccer and acting. She also loves traveling, photography, and animals. Her father was a College Professor and her mother was a Middle School Educator. Because Mrs. Steelman was immersed in education from a young age, she knew she wanted to be an educator.
She earned her BS in Education from Chowan University in North Carolina, and a MA in New Professional Studies in Education from George Mason University in Virginia. Mrs. Steelman has also completed the majority of her coursework towards a PhD in Mathematics Leadership.
Mrs. Steelman taught Middle School Mathematics for eight years in Virginia; for three of those eight years, she taught both Mathematics and Science. She then spent six years as a Mathematics Coach. She moved to Arizona in June of 2016 because of her love of the southwest. Since moving to Arizona, she has taught Math 7 in a virtual setting for two years, and Math 6 Tiger Prep in Maricopa Unified School District 20 for one year. She lives here in Maricopa with her husband, 3-year old son, and two dogs.
Please join us in welcoming Mrs. Danielle Steelman to our family of Heroes!
DID YOU MISS MEET THE COACH??
Make sure you email your coach for any information you may have missed, including practice schedules, game schedules, and more!
PTO FUNDRAISER: HERITAGE T-SHIRTS!!!
LOOKING FOR A SHIRT TO SHOW YOUR HERITAGE PRIDE??
SUPPORT OUR PTO FUNDRAISER!!
$17 per T-SHIRT
ORDER DEADLINE 8/15!!!
1. Sign up for the sizes and quantities you want: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0545abac29a5fc1-heritage2.
2. Pay online at: https://hamaricopa.com/payments/. (T-shirts will only be ordered with confirmation of payment).
WE HAVE DRYWALL AND INSULATION…
You can really see the progress they are making on the inside of the building this week.
Things are still looking good for our September move-in date!
SCHOLAR COUNCIL PRESENTS….
DOLLARS FOR DUDS
THURSDAY, AUGUST 29th
$1.00 for shirt & $1.00 for pants/shorts
On Dollars for Duds days, students are allowed to wear non-uniform clothing (INCLUDING JEANS) that meet Heritage Standards. $1.00 for shirt and $1.00 for pants/shorts. Dollars for Duds is optional and students do not have to participate. Money raised goes to support Scholar Council and the school activities and dances they support.
Heritage Standard means: no sleeveless or midriff shirts; shorts must be 4″ from the middle of the knee and skirts must come to the knee: no cargo pants or shorts; no pants or shorts that have holes or are ripped or torn ; and no inappropriate slogans or symbols on the clothing. If a scholar is wearing inappropriate clothing, they will be dress coded and sent home to change.
- Our handbook states that skirts must be no shorter than to the top of the knee when sitting or standing (front and back). If skirts have been purchased at Educational Outfitters, they may still be too short. Please double check your daughter’s skirts are the correct length according to the handbook.
- Shorts must be no shorter than four inches from mid knee.
THERE ARE (3) APPROVED UNIFORM VENDORS TO CHOOSE FROM:
COME BE A PART OF IT!
NEXT PTO MEETING:
TUESDAY, AUGUST 13th – 7:00 PM
LOCATION: ELEMENTS @ ULTRASTAR
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/heritageptomaricopa/
PLAYING SPORTS FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR??
Your scholar will need to fill out the ATHLETIC PACKET which includes a physical. Sports physicals are available at Dignity Urgent Care (next to McDonald’s) for $25, or most doctor’s offices will fill out the physical form if your scholar has had a well-check with them within the last year for no charge.
A SPORTS/PE UNIFORM is required for all sports classes (with the exception of bowling and golf. The uniform must be from an approved uniform vendor. (Educational Outfitters or Printed Desert). The uniform consists of navy blue basketball shorts with HA logo and a solid red t-shirt with HA logo.
Educational Outfitters: http://phoenix.educationaloutfitters.com/heritage-academy-maricopa-campus/
Printed Desert: https://heritageacademyuniforms.com/
LOOKING FOR A CARPOOL?? JOIN OUR PTO FACEBOOK PAGE TO FIND OTHER FAMILIES INTERESTED IN SHARING A RIDE TO SCHOOL!
A forum is available for parents who would like to organize carpools with other Heritage families from their own neighborhoods to our temporary school site, Elements at UltraStar.
SERVING UP A SUCCESSFUL LUNCH SERVICE
TIP: MAKE SURE YOUR ORDER IS COMPLETE AND FULLY PAID FOR. WE HAD A FEW SCHOLARS WHO THOUGHT THEY HAD ORDERED LUNCH THIS WEEK, BUT PAYMENT WASN’T COMPLETE IN THE CART.
We take the guesswork out of what’s for lunch by delivering hot, delicious meals directly to your child’s school. http://www.myhotlunchbox.com/
We do not charge any fees to create an account or to order student’s lunches. Our meal prices are typically at or below a restaurant’s in store price. Place orders and process payment on our secure website. No more forgetting or losing lunch money!
No minimum orders. You can order lunches for one day, one week or months in advance. Add, edit, or cancel an order up to noon on the day before delivery. You can print a calendar view of lunch orders and receive weekly opt-in email reminders. Additionally, if you add orders and forget to process payment you will receive an alert.We offer a range of selections at a variety of price points. Our menus include combos, entrees and a la carte options.
My Hot Lunchbox is happy to accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian meal choices. We are a peanut free company. Our Customer Service Team is happy to help. For any inquires please call: 1-888-894-8295.
Do you want to learn how to maximize your early college credits?
How about ways to save time and money toward your bachelor’s degree?