Our next early release day will be THIS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 28TH! School will dismiss at 1:45 pm and Scholars will need to be picked up no later than 2:15 pm. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please mark your calendars!
Heritage Academy introduces Mrs. Marci Hoellwarth to the Maricopa campus as our 6th Grade Science teacher!
Mrs. Hoellwarth cannot remember a time in her life when she did not want to be a teacher! Luckily, she followed her dream and did exactly that! She grew up in California, and received her BA degree at San Francisco State University. She continued on to pursue her Teaching Certificate at California State University, Chico.
Mrs. Hoellwarth has been teaching for 16 years, and is thrilled to be a teacher at Heritage Academy! Her teaching career includes 1st grade, 2nd grade, 5th grade and 6-9th grades! She loves Science, and believes it is an incredibly exciting subject to teach!
We are so excited to have Mrs. Marci Hoellwarth as part of our family of Heroes!
SCHOLAR COUNCIL PRESENTS….
DOLLARS FOR DUDS
THURSDAY, AUGUST 29th
$1.00 for shirt & $1.00 for pants/shorts
On Dollars for Duds days, students are allowed to wear non-uniform clothing (INCLUDING JEANS) that meet Heritage Standards. $1.00 for shirt and $1.00 for pants/shorts. Dollars for Duds is optional and students do not have to participate. Money raised goes to support Scholar Council and the school activities and dances they support.
Heritage Standard means: no sleeveless or midriff shirts; shorts must be 4″ from the middle of the knee and skirts must come to the knee: no cargo pants or shorts; no pants or shorts that are ripped or torn; and no inappropriate slogans or symbols on the clothing. If a scholar is wearing inappropriate clothing, they will be dress coded and sent home to change.
Artist: Maleya Gaddy
Artist: Ruby Valadez
Artist: Nova Vogel
Artist: Jennifer Verduzco
Artist: Ulissa Garcia
FINE ARTS RETREAT 2019-2020
(9-12 GRADE) & (6-8 GRADE BY INVITATION ONLY)
COURSE FEES ARE DUE
All course fees are now due for the fall/winter semester. Payments are made online at https://hamaricopa.com/payments/
- BE SURE TO ENTER YOUR PAYMENT METHOD IN THE PAYPAL SECTION TO COMPLETE THE PAYMENT. PAYPAL WILL EMAIL YOU A RECEIPT ONCE PAYMENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.
- Class and sports fees must be paid IN FULL to attend the class or perform in the extracurricular activity.
- If Fees are not paid, the scholar will be dropped from the class and re-scheduled to a non-fee bearing class. NO refunds are given after the first 3 weeks of class.
- Here is a list of the course fees for your reference: 2019-20 Maricopa Course Fees
ROADS, CURBING, & STUCCO are next….
Roads, curbing, and Stucco should start should start here soon and the drywall is almost complete on both floors. The pace should begin to pick up now that we are moving into the finer details! Be on the look out for landscape and roof tiles! It really is going to be a beautiful campus!!
COME BE A PART OF IT!
NEXT PTO MEETING:
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th – 7:00 PM
LOCATION: ELEMENTS @ ULTRASTAR
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/heritageptomaricopa/
Student IDs have been reprinted and distributed. If your scholar is missing theirs…have them stop by the office.
Trouble logging into Google Classroom??
***HERE ARE A FEW HELPS:
To Sign in for the first time
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Go to Classroom.
- Enter your scholar’s email and click Next. (Firstname.StudentID@hastudents.us) Please Note***The email ends in .US not .COM and only the first 8 characters are allowed for the first name. (For example, if your name is Johnathan, your ID will be Johnatha.STUDENTID@hastudents.us). The student ID can be found in powerschool or on your scholar’s schedule.
- Enter your password and click Next. For the first time, the password is Student1 with a capital S.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- Click I’m A Student or I’m A Teacher.
Note: Users with personal Google Accounts won’t see this option.
- Click Get Started.
How to join a class You have 2 ways to join a class:
- Join a class with a class code—If your teacher gives you a class code, use this code to add yourself to the class. Your teacher might give you the code while you’re in class or email it to you.
- Accept an invitation from your teacher—If your teacher sends you an invitation, you’ll see Join on the class card on your Classroom homepage.
Forgot or lost the class code? Code won’t work?
If you deleted, lost, or forgot the class code before joining a class, ask your teacher to resend the code or set a new one. If the code isn’t working, ask your teacher for help.
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class, and you don’t need to re-use the code again.
Join a class
You must be signed in to Classroom before you can join a class. Unsure if you’re signed in? Learn more about how to sign in to Classroom.
Join a class with a class code
Go to classroom.google.com.
- At the top, click Add Join class.
- Enter the class code your teacher gave you and click Join.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 letters or numbers. For example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Accept an invitation from your teacher
Go to classroom.google.com.
- On the class card, click Join.
WANT TO SEE YOUR SCHOLAR’S SCHEDULE, GRADES, ATTENDANCE, & MORE?
At Orientation, you received a blue folder with your Powerschool Login codes and instructions.
Here’s where to start:
1. Go to the website: http://hamaricopa.com/ and click on PowerSchool located in the upper right
section of the web page.
2. Click Create Account
3. Enter your name, email, username (whatever username you want to use) and password
(whatever password you want to use).
4. Type in your student name where it says STUDENT NAME.
5. Under ACCESS ID, enter your child’s Parent Access ID (use all capital letters);
and under ACCESS PASSWORD enter your child’s Parent Access Password.
6. Choose a relationship.
7. Click ENTER.
8. Repeat step # 1 and login to your parent account with the Username and Password you just
9. After logging into your account please verify and update personal information through the
Power Announcement option on the left hand side of the Home Page.
Download the Powerschool app for easy access. The District Code is WMRJ
PICTURE RETAKES WILL BE
UNIFORMS ARE REQUIRED!
Look for more details to come!
- Our handbook states that skirts must be no shorter than to the top of the knee when sitting or standing (front and back). If skirts have been purchased at Educational Outfitters, they may still be too short. Please double check your daughter’s skirts are the correct length according to the handbook.
- Shorts must be no shorter than four inches from mid knee.
THERE ARE (3) APPROVED UNIFORM VENDORS TO CHOOSE FROM:
SERVING UP A SUCCESSFUL LUNCH SERVICE
TIP: MAKE SURE YOUR ORDER IS COMPLETE AND FULLY PAID FOR. WE HAD A FEW SCHOLARS WHO THOUGHT THEY HAD ORDERED LUNCH THIS WEEK, BUT PAYMENT WASN’T COMPLETE IN THE CART.
We take the guesswork out of what’s for lunch by delivering hot, delicious meals directly to your child’s school. http://www.myhotlunchbox.com/
We do not charge any fees to create an account or to order student’s lunches. Our meal prices are typically at or below a restaurant’s in store price. Place orders and process payment on our secure website. No more forgetting or losing lunch money!
No minimum orders. You can order lunches for one day, one week or months in advance. Add, edit, or cancel an order up to noon on the day before delivery. You can print a calendar view of lunch orders and receive weekly opt-in email reminders. Additionally, if you add orders and forget to process payment you will receive an alert.We offer a range of selections at a variety of price points. Our menus include combos, entrees and a la carte options.
My Hot Lunchbox is happy to accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian meal choices. We are a peanut free company. Our Customer Service Team is happy to help. For any inquires please call: 1-888-894-8295.
PLAYING SPORTS FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR??
Your scholar will need to fill out the ATHLETIC PACKET which includes a physical. Sports physicals are available at Dignity Urgent Care (next to McDonald’s) for $25, or most doctor’s offices will fill out the physical form if your scholar has had a well-check with them within the last year for no charge.
A SPORTS/PE UNIFORM is required for all sports classes (with the exception of bowling and golf. The uniform must be from an approved uniform vendor. (Educational Outfitters or Printed Desert). The uniform consists of navy blue basketball shorts with HA logo and a solid red t-shirt with HA logo.
Educational Outfitters: http://phoenix.educationaloutfitters.com/heritage-academy-maricopa-campus/
Printed Desert: https://heritageacademyuniforms.com/